Thursday, April 8, 2010

Cleaning- out with the Old



I am counting my nickles and dimes and am practising economical awareness-thrift. I have been turning off all the lights during the day and opening up the blinds to infuse the house with natural sunlight. Sometimes when it is cloudy or raining out that tact doesn't work well. I have not had the heat on for a number of days now, but tonight it is going to get chilly. The TV is also calling for "patchy frost." It is already down in the 50's so I will probably need to have some heat tonight. I wash my cloths in cold water and use all fluorescent lighting. My utility bill for last month was $117.00, but I am trying for a lower bill. "A penny saved is a penny earned."

I have a penny jar and need to roll all those pennies, but it is a tedious chore. I have a small change jar, but again, I am not relishing the job of rolling the coins. Besides, the pennies and change are for "dire" situations. The way the government is moving, "dire" days may be just around the corner and there may NOT be, probably won't be.. "a chicken in every pot." As only half the population is working and the other half are takers...the pot is developing a crack in it and the darn thing is leaking profusely. We could say bleeding, but that doesn't sound too appetising, does it. Even as I type the news is all about increased taxes everywhere on everything. If you don't have money you can't pay the taxes that the government throws down rat holes across the planet, maintain a standing army of over 500.000 in 122 countries, conduct two or three wars at the same and not hemorrhage out your ears big time. Wars are commercial ventures. Some get rich while so many die. Hid your pennies, nickels and dimes: old Uncle will be looking for them.


Here is a thought: We are protecting nations and boarders around the world, but we can't...won't protect our own.
Here is another thought: We are now a second class nation, on our way down.
What's in your wallet...nothing?
END





3 comments:

Your Niece: Ellen BiccumKelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Your Niece: Ellen BiccumKelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Your Niece: Ellen BiccumKelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.