Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bridges to Where?


I won't post much tonight. I did take the Sisters about 25 dozen cartons of eggs and they were glad to the have them. I went out to lunch with a friend and then we went back to her house for a while and jabbered away. I didn't home until about five in the afternoon.

For some reason traffic was backed up both going and coming. I was thinking if for any reason there had to be an evacuation, it would be very difficult to get from point A to point B. This area sits right upon the New Madrid fault and should it ever "move" it would affect around 14 million people in 3 states or more. So, considering a mass evacuation isn't out of the question. There is one bridge across the Ohio at this point, another bridge 30 miles away in another direction, and another bridge across the Ohio in the opposite direction. There is a very old bridge under repairs and construction across the Green River. So, should the ground shake...and it will at some unknown time, there isn't a very easy way outta here. The bridges could even come down. I think I will just stay right here, fill and re-fill my water jugs, count my canned goods and stay right here. As you can never fully plan for the future you can only hope for the best
.
The picture at the top was not taken today.

END

No comments: