Wednesday, April 20, 2011

AEOLUS, GREEK GOD OF WIND

Aeolus, the Greek God of Wind, of Homer's Oddessy, took a little trip into the Ohio Valley, leaving behind some damage as he blew through.  Yes, he showed everyone just what He was capable of.

Something woke me at 4 AM and seemed to slam into the side of my bedroom wall.  Of course, it got me up and out of bed.  At 4 AM I was outside with a flashlight trying to figure out what hit the house so hard.  I couldn't see or find anything so I went back to bed.  I didn't sleep well, thereafter.  At 8:30 I went out again.  My neighbor's new metal shed had been picked up, moved, and slammed into my fence.  It wasn't anchored and is a little worse for wear...a few dents here and there, and off kilter and askew.  Good thing the fence caught it and stopped it from flying away with Aeolus.

As soon as I went out this morning I noticed the big temperature change.  It was down in the 40's and never did get real warm.  It eventually got back up into the 50's.  I came in and turned the heat on and it has been running off and on most of the day.  There seems to be no happy medium-normalcy, about this spring.  Your either hot or cold.  I like the general weather of upstate NY in the spring; a gentle warming trend into summer.  Even that is changing.  Life as we knew it...isn't as we now know it.

I cut the grass less than a week ago.  It doesn't look like it now. It needs to be cut again, but the monsoons never quit long enough for the grass to dry out.  The last time I mowed it was late afternoon, the grass was still wet and I just made it before the next storm.

Friday is supposed to be another Thunder-Bumper day, with severe winds and lightning in the mode of the kicker of last night.  My roof is so not fixed yet and and the rain poured in.  It is getting "worser and worser" as my youngest brother used to say.  This time it came in on my really nice chair and stained the fabric.  Like Darn it anyway, Aeolus, take your windy ways and rain elsewhere!  In Homer's Oddessy, Aeolus was stuck in a cave somewhere, and I wish he never got out.

I am deep into a very thick book THE LAND OF PAINTED CAVES by Jean M. Auel.  She is the author of the original series that started with THE CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR.  This is the sixth and probably her last in the series, as that is what her contract was signed for.  Plus, she is getting older and writing this last book must have been a heavy burden to finish.  There were those that thought she would never meet her contract, but she did.  This is the last edition of her books, and just came out.

I never left the house today and had no desire to do so.  I do need to get out and get some odds 'n ends of grocery items.  I need Nestle's Creamer for my coffee!!  All gone!  I have milk, but I do like the creamer.  Also, there is very little on sale.  I really don't like to go shopping 'though you might not think so, as I try to hit the good sales.  The "good sales" are becoming scarce, unless you want to stock up on un-necessary goods and item.  I don't.

****
THE LORD IS MY LIGHT
AND MY SALVATION-
WHOM SHALL I FEAR?
****
Psalm 27:1
****
END

No comments: