Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"MORE-(RAIN)-PLEASE"

I woke up early so I got up early.  I got a lot done.  I washed dark cloths, one smaller quilt,one large quilt, and a set of sheets.  All are dry except the sheets.  I got tired and took a nap. 

The sirens started whining around 5 PM this afternoon.  I turned on the radio and there was a tornado warning up.  We didn't get it; it went south and east of here, but close enough.  Owensboro seems to be right in the eye of the bad weather.  So far we are close, but it misses us and hits elsewhere.

The Ohio is flooding the farm and flat lands.  The Judge Executive has decreed Henderson County in a "State of Emergency."  So far around 90 miles of Federal and State Roads are impassable and are the highways and byways for little fishes.  I am glad my house is high and "not" dry.  At least I don't have backup water running through the front door.

I am thinking that tomorrow I may go to the beauty shop and have my gray hair mutilated.  I am overdue for a chop job.  That what the beautician does...chop, chop, mutilate.  At least she is a cheap destroyer of curly locks...$10.00 bucks and tip.


RAILROAD BRIDGE

"Honor never grows old."-William Bennett.


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

We have flooding starting up this way as well. I am not close to a river or creek but do have some water seeping into the basement now. Not bad yet, but I do hope it does not get worse. We had a few hours of sunshine yesterday but not enough to dry anything out. then the rains came again and here we are in another down pour.

That is cheap for a hair cut. Cheapest place I found around here is $15. I used to do it myself but can not reach the back any more or hold my arms up for too long a time.

Praying the rain stops soon for both of us.

Love, Alice