Monday, April 11, 2011

RAIN...DUH

Did someone say we were to supposed to get rain?  That they did, and it has/is coming down at a good steady, drenching, downpour for several hours now.  When I looked out the kitchen window I saw that the people next door left their new mower, new trimmer, new shovel and new post hole digger out in the rain.  They have a very large block storage building for storage.  How dumb is that...Duh and Duh.

Not only is the rain from Spain hitting my window pane, it is really humid.  The temperature is falling and getting cooler, though.  There is a forecast of possible snow on Palm Sunday of this week.  One more week of lent.

One Lent I decided not to give up anything, but to read the Bible aloud from cover to cover...and I did it.  Fasting is all well and good, but I believe that doing something better or acquiring new traits, or improving one's self is even better.  I curbed my vocabulary a long, long time ago and do not swear or curse.  If I were to say "s**t" people would look at me in horror and say "did you say that?''  To be honest I slip on an extremely rare occasion and it has to be something extreme or unusual to make me slip.  But...being a Biccum, I do under stress or untoward events, let out an "Oh, S***T."  I even shock myself!  No kidding!

I still have two fans blowing because of the high humidity.  At 67 degrees I am perspiring quite a lot.  Down where Harry lives in Dallas, it gets even hotter and more humid than here along the Ohio.
If my nephew moves to Iowa or the Dakotas, he will find that the weather a lot different than on the east coast.

Iowa and the Dakotas are subject to extreme weather sweeping across the plains or out of the mountains.  These states are mostly made up of "cow towns" and huge farm areas.  And snakes...ssss.  I guess it is a good place to live, though...if you can find work or housing.  It is helpful to know someone...I think he does...but...mind your manners and your tongue.  He is a sprout of the Biccum tree a the "4 letter words" drop as easily as the leaves in autumn.  I am sure I will hear about my comments, but to move to the Bible Belt form the East does require some vocal alterations.  LO L's.

I often write this blog in increments; a little here, a little there.  It has been raining for hours.  It let up some around 5 PM and then started up again.  Anyone up for building an Ark?
****

****

MAN'S DAYS ARE LIKE
THOSE OF GRASS;
LIKE A FLOWER
OF THE FIELD,
HE BLOSSOMS;
THE WIND SWEEPS
OVER HIM,
AND HE IS GONE,
AND HIS PLACE
KNOWS HIM NO MORE.
****
Psalms 103: 15, 16
****
END


2 comments:

learn to oil paint said...

I like your blog. Great Article....Daniel

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

We lucked out and got the rain only at night but had a couple of hot, hot days before hand. It has cooled off some.

One last appointment today with the VA then I will spend the next couple of days catching up on house and yard work, I hope. Seems something is always coming up.

Tomorrow I plan to get the window a/c's in, a friend will come to help. Poor Frank really suffered in those extremely hot days and I want to be prepared for the next time.

I've so much to get caught up on, but can only do so much at a time. Ah, such is life!!

My seedlings I started for the garden are not doing so well. Mostly due to neglect. I have not had the time to spend on them that I thought I would with all these appointments. What doesn't come on good I will have to replace with store bought for this year. Stuff happens, we just go with it and adjust, LOL.

Have a blessed day!
Love, Alice