Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Well, my bank account is back up and none of those viruses...hackers, Trojans...seem to have got into it.  Not that they would have gotten rich from what I had in my account.  No, they would have been just as poor as I am.

I went to the library and got some books to read while in my self imposed TV exile.  I do have the radio on in case the weather warnings are aired.  I actually need a new radio.  There is a short in the off-on switch and the radio goes off and on.  It is OK if you don't move it or breath on it.  I think I will go to the Good Will store and see if I can find one.

We didn't get rain yet, but we have several days before us that are supposed to be rainy and stormy.  I have my buckets ready.

I made...or nature made...my first pitcher of Sun Tea for the season.  Sun Tea seems so good and mellow, without the caffeine taste.

****
CORN BREAD CASSEROLE
+
1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1/2 cup of melted butter or margarine
1 can (8 oz.) of whole corn-drained
1 can (8 oz.) of creamed corn
1 cup of sour cream
2 eggs
+
Preheat oven to 375 degrees  Grease a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish. Pour margarine or butter into a prepared dish.Blend in sour cream.  In a separate bowl, beat eggs into casserole along with muffin mix.  Blend thoroughly and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until done in the center.

This a simple dish and you can add ham chunks or chicken to the dish for protein.  And you can do it in a mixer as long as you keep the butter or margarine melted.  You can jazz up your casserole with added shredded cheese on top or by adding some of your favorite vegetables into the casserole.
****
CARRY EACH OTHER'S BURDENS,
AND IN THIS WAY
YOU WILL FULFILL
THE LAWS OF CHRIST.
****
Galatians 6:2


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

We were under the gun last night with severe thunderstorms and lots of tornado warnings in the state and in Central Illinois in particular but nothing major bad happened here. Lots of tree branches and limbs down though. So hopefully as it dries out a bit this afternoon I can get the yard picked up a bit.

I probably won't get to mow before late tomorrow. Frank has his biopsy in the morning and its just too wet to even try today. My grass is getting really tall and it needs it bad. I better charge up my battery opperated weed whacker too.

Hope you have a good day and the storms go around you.

Love, Alice