Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings

This evening I am using an older computer just to keep it active. I don't have pictures on this one, but that's OK. I just want to fire this one up and warm it up and keep it up to date.

Anyway, I made some Chicken and Dumplings this afternoon, and of course, I have eaten a sampling of the dumplings. I had save all the broth, fat and chicken skin and tossed that in with the chicken for added flavor. I don't eat chicken skin, but the fat and skin do add to the flavor. It turned out well. I still have broth and chicken left so I will add vegetables and rice to it for soup tomorrow. I will get several meals out of that one, fat chicken.

The kid next door lifted my new, big mower out of the van and carried out to the back patio for me. In return I gave him a bottle of homemade wine for his efforts. When I say "kid," keep in mind he is a kid to me. He wants to join the army so He is old enough to have the wine. I think he wants to get away from his Mother's situation as she is living with a guy that is no too much older than her son. The pain...suffering...that parents inflect on their children.

My face and jaw are much better today, but still sensitive to hot and cold. A friend says that I have spent a fortune on my teeth. I really haven't, but I do want to maintain my teeth as long as possible. Your health starts in your mouth. If you can't chew your nutritional health declines when you can't masticate your food. If you have cavities you are introducing bacteria into your blood stream. A lot of Doctors say cavities-bacteria-can lead to heart disease. You already know that people on anti-bacteria/anti-inflammatory regimens have healthier lives. They have named it Chelation. If you are rich and famous or you can afford it...go for it.

Chicken and dumplings served well tonight; soft and flavorful and easy to chew. Tomorrow I will eat the veggies.

END

No comments: