Tuesday, March 16, 2010

T"S THE WEARIN' OF THE GREEN, I AM









Me mudder was a Collins, her mudder was a Beebe and her mudder was a Joyner. Me fadders' mudder was a Cragan and his fadder was French-English-Irish, so me is more Irish than anything, me thinks. But no difference does it make 'cause everyone is Irish for the day.


No, I do not worry posting about all those surnames 'cause every phone book in the country has miles and miles of the same surnames.




The Irish potato famine brought us here. If you have never read about the Potato Famine that decimated Ireland...you should. It will open your eyes and you may even see the parallels of the excess of government powers and controls even in the 1850's Millions of Irish died of starvation while the government and the rich and powerful stood by and let it happen. Don't think it can't-won't-isn't happening even now.
Well, this didn't start as a political blog, so I digress.
HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL THE IRISH-NEAR IRISH-AND IRISH WANNABEES.
MAY YOU FIND A POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF YOUR RAINBOW.
When I was small I actually tried to find the end of the rainbow on our farm. Too far...too far.
END

No comments: