Saturday, March 20, 2010

Waaa


When do things ever go according to plan? Hardly ever. I have my garden spot all cleaned up, trash all raked up and bagged, ready for tilling. Got my handy dandy, brand new, out of the box, electric tiller, power cord cord connected according to Hoyle...Nothing. Not even a buzz. Checked and rechecked, read instructions and re-read the simple directions. Try it again. Nothing. Changed power cords and outlets and checked connections again...Nothing, not a buzz, click fizz. Well, SPIT...SPIT...SPIT!!! I've done every thing multiple times except swear, curse or kick the blankity, blank thing.


Re-load into the van and drive back to Lowe's to return the implement of torture. The guy says, "Didn't you just bring this back yesterday?" "Not me," says me. Obviously, someone else was spiting nickels and fuming and brought one back. Not me, yesterday, but I did today. I got a replacement for the first one and I hope this one will work.

My day that I planned on for tilling is gone. It is supposed to rain and you can't till mud. You can make mud pies and toss them at the Troy company that made that little tiller, but you just can't make hay while the sun shines. Troy garden tillers used to be the best of the best. I didn't look well, but I will bet that most of the parts are made in China.



PREPPERS

buy yeast
flour
dry/instant milk
canned/evaporated milk
canned goods
according to your budget
good can opener


If you do not have garden tools this is a good time to look for them at yard sales and flea markets. Now is also a good time to do repairs that didn't get done at the end of the last garden season. Clean up, fix up, sharpen up and garden up.

END














No comments: