Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day, 2009


Here on the left is what little I picked put of the
garden on Saturday.
Just above, on the right is what is left of the garden, which is mainly flowers. There are some squash still producing along with a few Okra. The Sweet Potatoes are still in the ground. The butterflies, honey bees and at least one Hummingbird love the flowers. The wild Canaries enjoy the Sunflowers, which don't show up in the picture. The very tall plants on the edge and among the tomatoes, are Caster Bean plants. They may be the reason for the poor tomato output. Caster Bean plants are supposed to keep moles out. I have not seen any of their burrows this year, but it may be the Woodchuck has evicted them from his chomping grounds.
My front yard is full of black feathers. There must be a stray vampire-predator-feral- feline about. I hope it isn't getting the song birds, too.
This morning I broke my glasses. The left arm just snapped off. I had given most of my old glasses to my eye Dr. to take on his next mission trip in South America. I held one pair back as a "just in case" pair I am wearing them now and see pretty well with them. I guess it is a trip to the eye Dr. in the morning.
I am supposed to get my floor fixed soon. We will see. Hope you like the pictures Melanie... and anyone else that may look at them.
END

No comments: