Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Short Days, Long Nights.

Well, what else is new other than the days getting shorter. Duh. I do enjoy the fall weather 'though.

Either my TV or the DVR just went into Eletro Heaven, the place for all dying boxes of news and graphics. Well, I do have a big book to read.

The floor is done now and it was really pretty bad. I think it will outlast Obama 'though, 'cause I don't think I see re-election in the tea leaves in the bottom of his cup. You kind of feel sorry for the guy because he has really messed up his first six months of grace. He should have hired a better builder/carpenter.

I continue to have problems with my camera. I put the batteries back on the charger to see if that would make any difference. It just will not transfer pictures to uplaod...@%*%#!!

I made a big pot of spaghetti. I had a craving for spaghetti for quite awhile. You generally can't find good spaghetti "out."

In my sauce I included a chopped egg plant and a handful of oatmeal, with all the appropriate spices. I let it simmer in a big ol' number 8 cast iron frying pan. I have always been told the secret to making good spaghetti is in the sauce. Mine turned out pretty good. It has all the right stuff in it; iron from the pan, veggies form the egg plant and green peppers, starch form the spaghetti and fibre from the oatmeal. I did forget to toss in the oregano, but it turned out pretty good without it. Yum.

My lamp in the bedroom burned out or became defective. I went to the Goodwill Store and found a nice one for two bucks. I got a couple pairs of slacks and a couple blouses while I was at it. The store was really busy. I guess everyone is looking for or in need of a bargain.

I keep wanting to fill my gas tank and get distracted with other stuff. Gas is down to $2.18 per gal. I don't know how long it will stay that low or if it will go lower. I should get my tank filled tomorrow.

I have not slept well for two nights. I hope I sleep tonight. At least I won't have to get up early.

I ready for a refill on my spaghetti. YUM.

END.......P. S...TV and DVR came back on after a two hr. absence. Maybe the satellite dish?? Strange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey meb hope u r ok have not heard freom u in a couple of days..the roosters r taking over right out side my kitchen window..brr it is getting colder .... well i hope this works this time loe u meb!
lil sister in new york..