Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sept 30 going...going...gone

Not much going on and I stayed home. Chuck came and mowed the yard. After all the rain the grass grew like crazy. There are still a few odd tomatoes in the garden that I should pick.



The weather is cool and pleasant. I like it, but hate to think of what follows. You know...



I cheated on my diet a little. I bought a baked fish dinner from Captain D's. The fish was fine, but I didn't need the rice or the bun that came with it. I rationalized that I hadn't eaten (much) all day so it was "O.K."



I slept "semi-late" this morning, mostly because I was as snug as a bug and didn't want to leave my cocoon. After awhile I did, 'though. Tomorrow I will get myself going and go to the store.

The only thing that is dropping in price is gas. Today it is $2.19. I have almost a full tank, but I probably should "top it off." I am sure it will go up in price.



My friend Debbie called late last night. She was in the last minute rush of getting ready for her trip to Roam. I wish I could have gone, too, but I don't think I am up to par for such a trip. My arm has given me fits for three days now; my own fault for trying to start that mower. My arm hurts, my knees hurt and I am too rolly poly for such a trip. I do hope she, some of the residents, Mother Superior, Father Ted, and all have a good time. The founding Mother of the Little Sisters of the Poor is about to be elevated. The Little Sisters really do good work. If they didn't I would not have worked for them for 32 years. And they took me in when I had my surgery and tried to spoil me rotten.



If the weather stays cool I will try making some home made bread. There is nothing better than the aroma of fresh, homemade bread wafting throughout the house. When I do make some bread, most will go into the freezer as I am trying not to eat too much. However, there is a vast difference between what you make at home and that paste/glue you buy in the store. Homemade is better than store bought because it doesn't have all the chemicals and additives in the ingredients. Basically it is flour(whole grain) eggs, yeast, sugar and liquid. I like REAL potato bred and REAL whole grain breads. If you buy the REAL bread in the store it will cost you some REAL dough. In other words it more expensive. No wonder America is obese. I think it is partly not how much you eat, but what you eat. Just my opinion, thank you. So, it is time to wrap up my opinions and call it a day.



END

No comments: