Monday, September 28, 2009

Some Wind in Your Sails


It has been a really pretty day even with the wind blowing and the trees dancing in the swift breezes. The shifting winds don't seem to bother the Monarch Butterflies because the garden is full of them, flitting and capering on the big red Zinnia's. The leaves are flying from the trees all about and soon I will have to try to rake them up.



I tried hard to get the mower going, but it won't start so I put it away for a try on another day.



I have been reading about cloves. Everyone knows that they are good medicine for a tooth ache/decay. It's interesting to find how much more cloves can do as a herbal alternative. I found more information on line than I did in my book. Here is a list of some of the herbal medical uses of cloves.



Cloves can be used for:

intestinal gas

nausea

diarrhea

fungus's and athlete's foot

some types of viral infections

diseases caused infections

tuberculosis

malaria

scabies

coughs

parasites


For most uses you can make an infusion of clove tea by bring water to a boil and letting a couple of cloves steep in the liquid for about 10 minutes. You can add lemon and a small amount to sugar to taste. As in all herbal alternates you should use common sense and read about the herb. Clove herbal medicine is not to be used every day; just as you need it. You can find more information on line as all I have posted are the basics.


If you look at the little wind picture at the top search for the boy sailing along. There may be two faces to find if you look close enough.

No comments: