Saturday, September 5, 2009

Storm a-brewing

I have been outside in the garden trying to salvage what is left of the garden which is mainly little Cherry tomatoes, a few Okra and some poor looking beans. Insects have been in the beans and there is only a handful. After cutting away the bad spots there probably won't even be a handful. The yard and garden is full of white cabbage moths. Chuck thought they were butterflies. Maybe the birds will eat them.

My camera is still not working well even though I put in the new memory chip. I will put in some new batteries even though I don't think that is the problem.

I stayed home today. I have a new book that I started; THE HITCH HIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY and all his following works, all in one big book. When these books first came out I was doing my 3 to 11 thing and then some. Although I did read during those years I knew I had to go to work the next day and be awake. Now, if I want, I can stay up all night (I don't) and read if I desire to do so I guess the latest I stayed up was last week when the Space (Cadets) Police came and woke me up and ruined my night.

For lunch I steamed green beans and sweet potatoes with sausage. The green beans were missed and I picked the off last week. It was a pretty good meal and I have enough for supper.

We are having a minor thunder storm at the moment and the humidity is high. We really need the rain. It has rained all around, but not where my garden waits for it.

My cousin has passed away form a tumor on her spine. She was just 64 years old. My other cousin passed away a few years ago from kidney cancer and she was only 54. Her mother died of cancer at age 44. I think there really is something in the water...or the environment.

There is thunder and lightning off in the distance so I think I will end here. Opps. power just went...running on batteries.

END

No comments: