Monday, September 21, 2009

Lazy Me on the last day of summer

I admit it. I was lazy. I didn't get much done today. Maybe because summer went out with a teary eyed sky full of liquid and the humidity of 91 %. It like breathing water. I did a little dusting..very little, and a little vacuuming..very little. I really need to get at it. Spiders just love me because of the lowness of this house in relation to..dirt. Old houses are no fun to clean.

I didn't take any pictures, either. What can you take in the rain? I was going to take some inside pictures, but didn't want to scare anyone with shots of spiders, spider webs and haunted house interiors. Maybe tomorrow.

I have bacon in the micro oven and it smells good. It set me to thinking again and you know how dangerous that can be. I was reminiscing over cheaper prices of a couple of years ago. It wasn't uncommon to find bacon for around $00.99 cents per package. Now, even if you are a super shopper/bargain finder, you pay $2.50 and higher per package of bacon. The price of milk has come down some. Eggs were cheaper and bread was cheaper; gas was a whole lot cheaper even though it drops occ. I expect the price of bread to rise because of wheat shortages and foresee shortages on lots of other commodities.

Tomorrow I think I will buy a flat..not a case.. of Bean with Bacon soup. I love the stuff. It is also high in protein and low in calories and an excellent source of fiber. At my age I need all the fiber I can get..LOL'! I can make it, but it still hot and humid in the kitchen, so I will buy it for now.

I have a few items to bring in from the van; not food, but stuff. I may get a haircut tomorrow and go to the Dollar Store for some goodies. I ate all the goodies I had. Yum to the Tum. And that is that.

END