Friday, September 4, 2009

Shopping


Here is another picture of a female American Gold Finch.

Well, I have been shopping again. I went to the big meat sale. I bought four chickens for the freezer at 50 cents a lb. I also bout five lbs of hamburger for $1.40 a lb. The hamburger I will divide into smaller packages for the freezer, also. I will keep some out 'cause I want to make some 'sgettie(spaghetti). I spent about $17.00 bucks 'cause I got some distilled water, too.

It was an interesting shopping trip. People were buying chicken by the case and they soon ran out of chicken as 50 cents per lb. is a pretty good price these days. The meat counter was very, very busy, but everyone was calm and polite. They were also selling whole slabs of rib eyes at almost $5 bucks per lb and people were snacthing it up. Well above my price bracket. I got what I went for and went home, happy with the chicken and ground meat.

I am just about done with filling my freezer. I am afraid if I try to put anymore stuff in it, it just may fall through the floor. Now I can sit back and relax knowing that I have enough food to get me through a bad winter if one comes knocking on my door. I won't have to go out. I may go get a few incidentals now and then, but I have what I need.


I bought a couple bottles of Ginger Ale a few weeks ago to have on hand in case I ate too much and got indigestion. I was looking at the labels and discovered that all the ingredients were artificial, even the ginger. We have become artificial humans. No wonder we get sick and develop so many deceases and ailments. I probably will buy some real Ginger Root next time I go shopping.

Installation for broadband has been rescheduled for September 17 due to the fact that they came very late and didn't have all the supplies they needed. An aerial? Hmmm. And I went and cleaned house...darn.
The End

No comments: