Friday, September 18, 2009

Too Much TV

I fried slices of sweet potatoes which are really good. I think I want to try to deep fry them like potato chips. I fried Orange Roughies(fish) for supper, but was not happy with them. They fell apart in the frying pan. I ate them anyway; who can afford to waste food these days.

I went to bed very late...or early, at 1:30 a.m. I had started watching a movie on TV and wanted to see how it turned out. It was OK, but predictable. I got up late, too. I won't say what time...LOL! Therefore, I didn't do much creative or otherwise.

My intentions were to go out with that little camera and take a few pictures. I wanted to get a few shots of the old railroad depot. It a historic building in disrepair and boarded up. This city has been busy this summer tearing down old historic buildings and houses, making room for progress...hmm.

Arthritis has been kicking up in my left thumb in the first joint, of all places. It does that to let me know that rain is on the way. The rain they predicted two days ago never materialized, but now I know it is coming with a vengance.

I picked a couple tomatoes off the vine and should have picked off a couple more. On cloudy, humid days nasty mosquitoes do dastardly deeds so I came back in the house. I haven't had much of a tomato production this summer and hate to not get out out there and pick what I can. There is a volunteer cherry tomato plant coming up by the fence. At first I thought it was a straggly weed, but now I can see the tiny red tomatoes on the vine. I will watch it grow as the season shortens and the sun is less powerful.

I will go to bed early tonight. I have circles under my eyes...got to stop that stuff!

END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

Sweet-potato chips are dang tasty, hope you give it a try! I've found orange roughy is best when broiled - to delicate otherwise (like you've found out).

Hope you slept well!