Saturday, May 29, 2010

Boxes of Moo Juice

I went to the EVERYTHING FOR A DOLLAR store this afternoon because I ran out of trash bags. I was also looking for these boxes of milk, hoping they had more. They did and I bought three more boxes of this shelf stable milk. I tried a box last week and liked the taste. It does taste
just like regular milk from the bottle or jug. It doesn't have an aftertaste or chemical trace flavor because it is real milk. I got the 2%, but they also had whole milk.
The good thing about this product is it will last several months if unopened. That makes it ideal for anyone is is "prepping" or just trying to stay ahead of inflation. Regular, store bought milk does not keep well in the summer months. This carton says it will keep up to 14 days after opening in the fridge. I will get more as time goes on and as I have the money. I do like the stuff. It has everything except the moo and the swishing tail.
I told myself I would get more garden work done today, but it is really too hot and muggy to be out in the garden. Whereas, I usually do not work or plan on doing much on a Sunday, tomorrow may have to be an exception, especially if it is cooler. I HAVE to catch up with the garden and not let the weeds take over.
I had bought a kind of fibre roll to put in the garden to retard weed growth. This afternoon when I went to take it out of the back of the van it rolled out of the van and onto my ankle/foot. Yes, it hurt. I haven't looked at it yet, but I pretty sure it is bruised. It isn't painful now, but it has a burn feel to it. Maybe if I don't look at it...it will go away.
You never know what each new day will bring. I hope the sun will rise and smile on us lowly creations, but if it doesn't...well, we'll be in GOOD HANDS, won't we.
END

1 comment:

treesong said...

I've bought shelf stable milk for a couple years because we seldom used milk until my father came to live with us. If I bought a half gallon for Sweetie it went sour before he used it. Wish we could find it here at a dollor store for $1. We pay about $2.50 here.