Monday, May 10, 2010

In for the day

Yup, I am in for the day. I went over parts of the garden with the baby tiller. Actually I'm trying to make the garden bigger because I have run out of room. Where it wasn't tilled before by the big boy tiller it is hard, has deep, dense roots and needs several more passes and lots of raking off of thatch, small stones and debris, I'm getting there, slowly.

Today I did plant the seedless grape vines that I bought the other day. I planted them along the fence hoping to crowd out my neighbor's weeds-and my own, too. In the process I got the baby tiller hung up on the chain link fence and damaged a couple tines on the tiller. If you hit something hard-these little tillers will "jump" on you so you need to hang on tight. I got the shovel out and finished the job. I have to dig with my left hand and I am not left handed. My right hand and arm served , too. I held on the fence with the right hand for support and balance, so where there is a will there is always a way to get the task accomplished. I just hope I wind up with a super little garden.

I am hungry for something good, but I don't know what. I got to digging in the freezer and found a Wal-Mart chicken already cooked. I am craving sweets, but trying to lose wt. by working hard and watching out for the good stuff.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the eighties. They call for rain, but if it holds off I can get a row of turnips in and maybe go over my new patch a little. At the same I am doing this stuff I am trying to stay far ahead of any weeds and pull up "volunteers". I want nice, clean rows and in a week or so I will be able to post some pictures of mine and Mother Nature's efforts.

And how does your garden grow?

No comments: