Saturday, May 1, 2010

Kentucky Rain


I spent the day being lazy and watching the Kentucky Derby. The winning Jockey started his career right here-where I live, so of course, everyone is proud of his victory.
We are about to get a new round of storms. It wasn't too bad last night or today. There is a possibility that tonight's storm may be worse. The humidity is 100% with some wind. Last night was a lot of noise and lightning with just over 2 inches of rain. I just rolled over and went
back to sleep. The rain did uncover some of the potatoes I planted, 'though.
I am saving egg shells. I will grind and pulverize the shell in water in the blender. The water will be added to my tomato starts-a little calcium mineral. I will not be able plant or work in the garden for several days, but that is OK. I go to the dentist on Monday and have other things to do anyway.
Well, I have some hot tea to drink so off I go.
END

No comments: