Friday, May 28, 2010

BURNING BLUBBER


I have been outside most of the day burning blubber. I was melting in the sun and humidity. It wasn't quite as warm and sticky as it was yesterday, but certainly hot enough. I wore my straw hat and drank plenty of fluid...it's just that I forgot to eat again until late when my tummy started speaking in a grumbling kind of voice. Feed me, feed me!


Anyway, I got the back yard mowed down nicely and did some much needed weeding in the"corn patch. I have a lot of weeds to catch up on. All it takes is a little rain. Now that the yard is neat I can concentrate on the weeds tomorrow. I am going to have to re-till parts of the garden and re-plant some stuff. That is OK. There is still time to plant: It isn't quite June yet.


There isn't much to post as I have been outside all day. I haven't even watched the news. You would think I would be getting lots and lots accomplished. I work a bit and sit a bit...so I'm slow at it, but I make progress.
It's nearing 10PM. Is that too late to fry some eggs and steak? I just can't sleep on an empty stomach. I'm hungry...again.
END

No comments: