Thursday, September 8, 2011

The devil,you say...

If "Cleanliness is next to Godliness" then I am in big trouble and the devil is on his way to my messy abode.  It seems as if I have been cleaning all day(I have)and that spider webs and dust bunnies have taken over. I started out by cleaning some of the mess left over from yesterdays project including the front entry, the living room, part of the middle room and as much or the bedroom as I could get.  I can't get down and vac. under the bed, but reached in under as far as the vacuum head and hose would go.  So..I have given it a good try, anyway.

I have a can of Walnut Stain and a can of Oak Stain for the book shelves.  I can't decide which I like the best.  I have a few days to think about it and make up my mind before I get time to do the job.

The "boss" of Matt said,  "Do have have change for $100.00?"  I didn't, but I knew what he was going to do: He was going to pay Matt a little under the table and keep the rest for himself.  Well, I don't keep much cash around so that took care of that little episode and he had to take a check.  He has several guys working like that and they will take what work they can find due to the economy.  However, the "boss" isn't paying taxes on cash payments or into their S.S.  Not only is he cheating the government, but he is cheating the workers, too.  We(I) don't operate that way knowingly so he won't be back.

There isn't a lot going on other than there will be a Blessing Day in the park which all denominations take part.  This will be on Sunday...9/11.  They say that it is just a coincidence that 9/11 fall on this Sunday as they have it every year.  I might go to that, but have not made up my mind if I want to fight the crowd.

I think I have mentioned before that anyone can give a blessing. It is a prayer of wishing one well, a thankful prayer, or a prayer of approval or benevolence.  So..I wish all readers well and may they be blessed...whether they like or not.  May the Good Lord bless and keep you and let perpetual light shine upon you.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Seems there are a lot of shady dealings going on with folks paying desperate workers off the books and not taxes or SS. And with the economy people are desperate to make whatever money they can however they can. Times are really tough and only going to get worse.

I dug potatoes yesterday. Got a pretty good yield but they were small. I am assuming they were small due to the heat killing off the tops too early in the year and even though I had tons of straw around them it just was not enough.

Small potatoes are better than no potatoes, LOL. I will can them up in a week or so and put them in the storage room for my stock up supply of food.

It is a cool and rainy day here and I intend to bake my first apple pie of the season. I am also going to take some of the extra store bought potatoes I have and make french fries for the freezer. I don't eat fried foods very often but once in a while it is a treat. I have some more tomatoes to get in the freezer too.

I have a ton of Roma tomatoes from the garden that I froze up and will make sauce out of them at a later time when things slow down a bit.

Don't over do your work.
Love ya, Alice