Thursday, September 1, 2011

COFFEE DONE ME IN

It was that second cup of coffee that done me wrong.  Normally I only drink one cup of coffee per day, but yesterday I was out.  We went to the Chinese Restaurant and I had iced tea there, then went back to Debbie's house and played Scrabble.  That where I had the second cup of coffee.  And of course, when I got home later I had a nice cup of hot tea.  The results?  I couldn't sleep.  Too much caffeine.  I never slept until after five A. M.  The clock woke me up at seven.  So the combination of coffee, tea, and the change of the moon phase, done me a wrong song, kind of melody.

Now I am tired.  I'll sleep tonight.  I might turn off the clock radio, too.  And snooze.  I know better than to consume all that caffeine, but did it anyway...bad me.

I didn't get much done this day, either.  I need to get things done tomorrow because the Salvation Army is coming on Saturday.  They will take apart the big computer desk/hutch and haul it to the store to sell.  I will be glad to see it gone as it is way to big for the space it is in.  Then maybe I can get some good cleaning done.  Right now I just shut my eyes(not really)and walk around it.  Goodbye big hutch...may it find a happy space...I mean place.

The house smells like onions.  I love onions, esp. with a hamburger.  After eating out yesterday I need to get back on
the diet horse and kick it on down the trail.  I hope to lose another ten pounds by Christmas, but I am not being overly expectant in doing so, but it is a goal.  Well, I will keep at it.  Every pound off is worth the effort.  Just think...when I was in my early 20's I weighed less than 100 pounds.  I'll never see that again!

It is very hot and humid for September.  I know that soon it will be a bit cooler.  I can dress for cold weather, but what can I do for the hot weather?  Oh, I know, but I don't look good in my birthday suit.

I am going to bed very soon.  No coffee or tea for me, please.

END

Do you wonder how I can blog so serioulsy one day and be silly the next?
It runs in my family...LOL!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I have not been over doing coffee or caffeine but I have not been able to sleep the last several days. Perhaps the heat is not helping matters but mostly I think it is just too much on my mind.

I seem to have gone from relaxed to stress over night and not really sure why. I seem on edge all the time and that is not like me. Oh well, this too shall pass,,,,, sooner or later, LOL.

It is suppose to be well over 100 here today before the heat index is factored in. I need to go to counseling and run some errands this morning and hope to get back in the air conditioning before the worse of the heat hits.

Stay cool and drink plenty of water today as I imagine your temperatures are no better than mine.

Love ya, Alice