Saturday, September 10, 2011

Latin

 I am sleepy.  Maybe because it has been a dull, gray day.  I have not accomplished a thing unless yo count washing the dishes.  I did get the last of the shrimp out of the freezer and cooked it for lunch.  One big soup bowl full of shrimp.  How many calories in a bowl of shrimp if you don't eat anything else? I have enough left to make a pretty good shrimp salad.

I have been on line trying to find the location of a fairly local church that has the traditional Latin Mass in the afternoon.  I have a general idea of where it is, but I hate to get lost only 12 miles from home.  Which is funny because I can drive from here to NY without a map, but I can't find my way around a local city.  My inner compass does not work in large urban areas.

If you have never been to a Latin Mass and you can, you should try to go.  It is a deep, spiritual liturgy; mysterious and profound.  I think the Church lost something very sacred when it introduced the Mass in the vernacular, the language of the people of any giving country.  The Mass in English is quite acceptable, but it is about to change again.  Ask your parents or Grandparents if they remember.

I had to delete a prayer in Latin here because the google spellchecker just couldn't decipher it.  Never trust a spellchecker completely.  They are not always perfect.
With that messed up, I am going to bed.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel,

After church yesterday I went to an auction. It was enjoyable but walking on the concrete got to the fibromyalgia and I had to leave early. It was fun though and I did get a few bargains as everything was going very cheap. The one thing I wanted was a nice old crock for making my saurerkraut in but that was the one thing that went a bit too high for me. All in all it was fun though and I did not spend much money.

I have several things on the agenda this week that will keep me busy, but I guess that is a good thing.

A Latin Mass sounds interesting but I am not sure I could follow anything that was going on. Especially not being Catholic and not familiar with the proceedings in the first place. I am sure there are many Catholics who would enjoy it though.

Hope you have a good day!
Love, Alice