Tuesday, September 20, 2011

UNEVENTFUL DAY

O LORD, YOU KNOW WELL,
 HOW DARK THE WAY;
GUIDE MY FOOTSTEPS,
LEST THEY STRAY.
GIVE ME FRESH FAITH
FOR EVERY HOUR,
LEST I SHOULD DOUBT
YOUR HOLY POWER.
*
GIVE ME HEART, O LORD,
STRONG TO ENDURE
HELP ME TO KEEP IT
SIMPLE AND PURE.
MAKE ME UNSELFISH
HELPFUL AND TRUE,
IN EVERY ACT-
WHATEVER I DO.
*
HELP ME TO DO
MY EARTHLY SHARE.
MAKE ME COURAGEOUS,
STRONG TO BEAR,
THE SUNSHINE OR SHADOW
IN MY LIFE,
SUSTAIN ME, LORD
IN DAILY STRIFE.
*
unknown

This has been an uneventful day unless you count going to the dentist and having my teeth cleaned as exciting.  At least I don't have any dental work that needs to be done this time, and I don't have to go back until March.

I finally had my TV taken from summer "pause" and can now watch the weather.  The problem of not having TV for six months is that I now find TV...BORING!  I had it put into hibernation in early April and now find that I didn't miss much at all, and there is a whole 'nother world out there.  Even into adulthood and aging, TV is our "sitter" and noisy companion.  I find that I really enjoyed the silence.

END




No comments: