Monday, September 5, 2011

WORK TO BE DONE

I went to Lowe's to get a piece of matching paneling for the the blocking in of a no-functional window that will soon become shelves for collectibles and stuff.  The work should start on Wed.  I will need to go back to the store to get some 1x6's for the shelves and some brackets to hold the shelves up.

To have paneling delivered would cost $59.00 which I think is a rip off as  don't live that far from Lowe's.  The panel won't fit in the van because I have all that "stocking up" canned goods and water in the van.  I guess I would get better mileage if I brought it all in.

We had rain yesterday; a heavy downpour for a short time, and it ponded in the front yard.  Next the leaves will come down in tuns and bunches.

I am a little sleepy tonight even though I slept fairly well last night.  I fell asleep in my chair. I went in to take a nap...and then I COULD NOT fall asleep.

Say some prayers for Beverly who has some -
OUCHIES!  I hate that Beverly has ouchies.
**
FAITH IN GOD
*
Faith in God must show itself
In deeds we do each day-
by acts of kindness, love and care,
That mark the Christian way;
It's not enough that we profess
To hold the Cristian views,
We must show faith, 
throughout the day,
in everything we do.
*
In search of goals and dreams of life,
we must pursue His wills
And be a service, unto Him,
Until our life is stilled
For, when he lifts our soul to judge-
Above the realms of earth-
By deeds of faith, we leave behind,
He will decide their worth.
*
by Michael Dubina
*
In doing good let us not fail;
for in due time we shall reap,
not failing.  Gal.V1: 8-9
*
I cooked a couple of steaks, onions, and carrots in my pressure cooker.  I ate one steak and have a large one for a couple of meals tomorrow.  And I cleaned up my mess.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

You sure do keep busy with many projects. We are a lot a like. I like to keep busy and be productive. Yesterday I unpacked 7 good sized boxes of kitchen items and got them put away. That was a chore but I feel I got something accomplished.

Today I am going to take some time to make some egg salad and an apple pie. I plan on roasting two whole chickens on the grill as well. We will have one chicken dinner and I will make some chicken salad. Any left over chicken will go in the freezer for making and canning chicken soup another day. I am working on getting my stock up room full.

I have had wicked muscle cramps and spasms the last several nights and have gotten little to no sleep. Not really sure what is causing them except perhaps the weather change. We are quite cool here again this morning with only 50F. I do like the cooler weather so not complaining, LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful day and don't over do it.

Love, Alice