Friday, September 2, 2011

THORNS AND ROSES

THE PATH OF LIFE
**
When walking down the path of life,
remember what  I say,
that every man must feel the thorns
that grow along the way.
**
And every soul will stumble
for every man is weak,
the road of life uncertain,
its prospects often bleak,
But always give a helping hand,
a word of love, a smile,
to help the soul beside you walk
across each weary mile.
**
For love will cause the sun to shine,
and everywhere you go,
the painful thorns less noticed,
as the roses bloom and grow.
**
by Kate Watkins Furman
dedicated to Coley and her family.
**


  I slept very well last night, from about 10 P. M. until 7 A.M. when my clock went off and woke me up.  Even then I snoozed until 8:15. 

I have been working on getting that big computer hutch ready to go off and on today.   I have it mostly emptied out.  I just need to unplug my big computer and stuff and figure where to put it.  I want to set it up again on a smaller table or desk as it is my "backup."

Also, I have been washing cloths, and doing reg. minor chores, so I have been semi-busy.  And that was the way the day went.

 END

As you can see I hit the wrong icon, but I will let it stand.  LOL!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I love that poem and so true it is.

I do not feel I am getting done as much as I should or want to but I am still plugging along little by little. Seems the need to run errands never stop though. There is always something I need to go take care of. A meeting here, bill to be paid there, things to pick up from the store, etc.

Today I am helping a church make room to put in a food pantry for the community and having to pay a couple of bills. I need some time to just slow down and rest a bit but not sure when that will be, LOL.

The weather report here says we should start to cool down tomorrow, I sure hope so. We are having the hottest days of the year so they say. I think its just been a pretty hot summer, period, LOL.

Have a blessed weekend!
Love, Alice