Thursday, September 22, 2011

RIVERS TO CROSS

THE PURPOSE FOR TRIALS
*
FROM MORNING UNTIL NIGHT
AND TOO, PAST THE LIGHT
THERE ARE RIVERS
THAT WE MUST CROSS
RIVERS OF FEARS...
AND RIVERS OF TEARS
AND RIVERS OF GREATEST LOSS

BUT WHATEVER IT MAY BE
THAT PLAGUES YOU AND ME
WHAT RIVERS WE MUST FORD
THEY ALL WORK FOR GOOD
AS HE SAID THEY WOULD...
TO STRENGTHEN OUR
FAITH IN THE LORD
*
by Louise Pinkerton Fritz
*
11 Corinthians 1: 8-9
*
"For we would not, Brethren, have you ignorant
of the affliction which came about
upon us in Asia,
We were crushed beyond measure--
beyond our strength, so that we were weary
even of life.
Yes, we have been carrying,
within our selves, our death sentence,
in order that we may not trust in ourselves;
but in God, who raised the dead."


Paul was an unhappy fellow when he wrote some of the Epistle of the 11 Corinthians.  It  would seem that in as in all institutions, God inspired foundations or otherwise, things can go wrong and become something of a moral or ethical thorn in the growth-side of the early church...Read the epistles for a better understanding of the early church.

This day has been a little rainy of and on for most of the day.  I went to the grocery store and bought 10 cans of soup to aid my diet.  Most cans of soup have about 70 to 90 calories per serving.  I seem to have stalled out on my weight loss.  At least I am not gaining it back.  I guess I need to fine tune my fat attack.

END

 

No comments: