Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ho-Hum


SHOW OF FAITH
*
Faith in God, must show itself
in deeds we do, each day
By acts of kindness, love and care,
That mark the Christian way;
It's not enough that we profess
To hold to Christian views.
We must show our faith
throughout each day,
in everything we do.
*
In search of goals and dreams of life,
We must peruse His wills
And be of service, unto Him.
Until our life is stilled.
For when He lifts our soul, to judge-
Above the realms of earth-
By deeds of faith, we leave behind,
He will decide their worth.
*
 by Michael Dobina
*
Yes, I just recently used this same poem, but I happen to like it.
REACH OUT
*
Reach out to the aged,
add light to the eyes
of the bent and the stricken
the sad, the unwise.
*
Whenever you can,
find something to share
with the homeless or lost ones
to show that your care.
*
For these children of God
are in need of a friend,
and the love that you give
is love without end.
*
by Adele Kenny
*

I have spent most of my adult years working with the aged, in one capacity or another, and in various nursing homes and a couple of hospitals.  So, I am always surprised when I look into the mirror and wonder, where did all that silver hair come from?  I can see my self in some of the poetry that I post.  Age comes to us all; I hope your ready for it!  You just can't avoid it!

I picked off some green, sweet peppers this afternoon.  There are more coming on.  There are also some small, green tomatoes on the vines.  I will let them grow until frost.  Here, in the Ohio Valley, the average frost is around mid-October, so I may get a few green tomatoes.  This has been a ho-hum day, but that's not bad.  I enjoy ho-hums!

END



No comments: