Saturday, September 17, 2011

SIMPLE FAITH AND SIMPLE LOVE


*


WE HAVE  LOVING SHEPHERD;
SO GREAT HIS LOVE HAS BEEN,
HE COMES FROM HEAVEN TO SAVE US
POOR CHILDREN LOST IN SIN.
*
OH, FAITHFULLY HE KEEPS US--
THE CHILDREN'S BLESSED FRIEND;
AND HE WILL KEEP AND LOVE US,
STILL FAITHFUL TO THE END.
*
OH, TEACH US LORD TO THANK YOU,
TO TRUST YOU AND TO LOVE;
AND BEAR US IN YOUR SACRED HEART,
TO HEAVEN, OUR HOME ABOVE.
*

Wouldn't it be great if our faith could be that simple as in a child's poem as written above?  It isn't, though, is it?  As we get older, our vision and horizons expand, becoming more complicated and frequently confused.  We try to keep up with the spinning world, pushing and shoving, competing and often being violent toward our fellow travelers and all the while the world of man is passing us by.  It was for nothing that we bore ill will or malice for our neighbors, families and acquaintances or ran after fame and fortune.  We will certainly get our "just rewards" or punishments for the good or evil we do in "our time."  Our time is fleeting, gone in a blink and can not be recovered or have a "do over."  Keep in mind the Second Commandment  as CHRIST himself summed it up so simply for his disciples:

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
*

Got Love?
*
I didn't get much done today 'though my intentions were great.  Instead I slept late; I was tired.  Later, I went back to bed for a nap.  It is something that goes along with sleep apnea.  In the past, before the CPAP and O2 Concentrator, I was known to sleep 36 hours straight and still be exhausted.  It once took me three days to make an eight hour trip because I had to frequently stop and sleep.  Boy, am I glad those days are over!!  But...I still get pretty sleepy at times and then get nothing done.  O, Lazy Me!


END

No comments: