Saturday, September 24, 2011

WRONG WAY, THAT AWAY

Last evening I sent my post off in the wrong direction and it was probably hard to find...if you actually were looking for it. LOL!  Anyway, I think I am in the right pew tonight!

The above poem is from a collection of Irish poems in honor of the Blessed Mother of Jesus.  I hope you like it.

It has been raining a lot today and will probably rain tomorrow.  I guess I will get wet.  I'll just call it Holy Water.

THE GIFTS
*
ITS TRUE
WE THINK ABOUT THE RAN
AS DISMAL, DARKENED DAYS
BUT LOOK UPON THE SUNSHINE
AS HAPPY, BRIGHTENED WAYS
*
YET IT REALLY IS THE RAIN
WHICH BRINGS US
ALL THE THINGS WE NEED
THE FRUIT, THE FOOD, AND ALL IT GROWS
AND THE LIVING SEED
*
SO WHEN YOUR DAYS SEEM DARKEST
AND YOU FEEL A VAGUE DESPAIR
RECOGNIZE YOUR RAINY BLESSINGS
AS A GIFT THAT MAKES LIFE FAIR.
*
by Richard L. Paige
*

I think my digital scales are off.  The readout says I lost more weight than I expected.  It must need a new battery.  I think I need a new battery too, or at least a re-charge.

Entrust your works to the Lord
and your plans will secede.

*
Pv. 16:

So...what is everyone doing on Sunday
 besides watching football, sports, drinking beer
 and letting your religious freedom slip away? 

END 

No comments: