Thursday, July 19, 2012

DHG for everything..no it isn't a drug

I really need to get serious about my diet again.  I went a little crazy after Lent was over and did gain back a couple of pounds.  While that isn't horrible,  I am not really losing more poundage, but my goal is for at least another10 pounds.  I know I can do it if I stay true to my goal.

I don't think there is really most obesity that can't be conquered.  There are, of course, some cases that are caused by hormone or chemical unbalances, but most weight gain is the result of lack of discipline, poor eating habits and being glued to the TV set.  I count myself among the three; DHG..I will call it Discipline, poor Habits and Glue(lack of movement).  Yup, I suffer from all three symptoms of some degree or another.  It is time to vanish these obstacles to good health and optimum
well being.

Dieting Discipline is akin to religion:  You want it or you don't.  Your willing to practice the discipline or maybe sometimes.  You are willing to put in the time and effort that it takes to achieve your better self.  After that wonderful baked potato, I am back at it.  After all yesterday's yummy stuff is now a memory.  Yes, I will and can cheat occasionally, but not too often.  It is OK to give into my baser appetite and purge the urge once in a while, but I will reach my goal.  I must, you know!  Half my cloths don't fit and it's illegal to run around naked!!  What a sight that would be!!

I started this post in the afternoon.  It is now evening and we have had two rounds of showers since then.  We will take all we can get.  I will not have to carry water to the tomatoes tomorrow.  They were looking wilted and stressed today.  Natural rain should perk them up.  I am so thankful for the rain as it has broken the heat; down from 101 to 80 degrees now.

+++

WE KNOW
THAT ALL THINGS
WORK TOGETHER
FOR GOOD TO THEM
THAT LOVE GOD,
TO THEM WHO
ARE CALLED
ACCORDING
TO HIS PURPOSE.

Romans 8: 28

END


No comments: