Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A slow day without wheels

This weed is edible and grow everywhere!

Today is Tuesday.  I have been without my van for two whole days and it looks like I will be without it tomorrow, as well. I would really like to go to noon-time mass tomorrow, but don't know what is happening with my van.  I took it in to get the window fixed; first they dropped and broke a piece and then they put in a wrong switch.  Now they have to order the correct switch.   Really.  Men are such Dodos.

The heat wave has broken.  It was only in 90's today. The humidity has slacked off a bit, too.  That makes the 90's bearable.  Even  'though we got some rain it wasn't nearly enough.  More rain, please.

As the mid-west is in a serious drought you can expect the price of food to increase and your wallets to get thinner.  If you can stock up with canned corn or veggies, do so.  You will need them.

I am still still watering my tomatoes.  The pepper plants look like they may finally do something.  Also, I put coffee grounds, tea leaves and egg shells through the blender this afternoon and poured the concoction on the plants.  I am also thinking of planting some late radishes and maybe some late lettuce in a protected area.  I just want some more green stuff.

I took fat from my steaks  out to the birds.  They like the fat the meat residue left on bones.  Just don't hit the bones with a mower!

Because I don't have transportation and can't get out and about, I can't spend money.  That is a good thing.  Just wait 'til I get the bill for the van window!!

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD
I SHALL NOT WANT.............

from the 23 Psalm
Not all Bibles are the same
in numbering.
.


END




No comments: