Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Here I am, Lord

Here I am, Lord.  'Though I am very tired.  I was very sick in the night.  I never get sick.  It must have been something I ate or drank.  Usually I have a cast iron stomach, but not last night.  At one point I thought I would pass out if I even  moved and broke out in a cold, clammy sweat.  However, once my stomach emptied out I was OK.  I just refused to give in to my distress and finally went back to bed and slept well.

I have been drinking a lot of water in what is now our fourth heat wave.  There may be something in the water other than Ohio River Shark Fins.  I did not adhere to my own advice and drink purified, bottled water.  Live and learn...or get sick.

After my post of last evening our local news came out  today with information that the Ohio is blooming with algae.  It makes the water green and pretty as the river is slow moving, sluggish and probably full of bacteria even though the water department is using extra charcoal to clean and purify the water.  Also, the Mighty Mississippi is so low that barges are running aground on sand bars.  The Ohio flows into the Mississippi and out to the gulf. And that is where most of us get our "muddy," green drinking water .  YUM!

I stayed in out of the heat, mostly because I put in such a bad night.  I only went out long enough to get four cartons of soda out to the van and to water the tomatoes.  I really didn't want to do that much.  After all, what did people do before they had A/C?  Losing a little weight has helped me in the long run and made breathing in this high humidity a little easier.

So, you see, when I stay in there isn't much to write about.  Tomorrow 'though, I plan to go out to noon-day mass and brave the heat.  There is a man on a portable O2 tank who comes to church most of the time, except when the temperatures were 107.  If he can get there...so can I.

+++
FOR HE SHALL
GIVE HIS ANGLES
CHARGE OVER THEE,
TO KEEP THEE 
IN ALL THY WAYS.
BEAR THEE UP
IN THEIR HANDS,
LEST THOU DASH
THOU FOOT
AGAINST A STONE.

Psalm  91: 11-12

Have you ever had a pebble or a grain of sand or a seed in your shoe?  All of us have, at one time or another.  What do we do, but shake out our shoe and  keep on going, walking and moving.  Last night I had a big grain of sand in my shoe and I shook it out and today it is gone.  Most of us have a lot of pebbles in our shoes as we walk the path of life. Hey, kick up a little sand!


END

No comments: