Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MELLOW JELLO AND SNAIL TALES

I "made" some Jello, from a box, of course.  I used to make a lot of jello.  I don't know why I stopped.  It is sooo good and cool on a hot day like this...when the temperature is over 102 and the heat index is 111...yes, 111.  I will make more as it will stay nice and toasty for the rest of the week.  I also made a pasta salad and that is cool, too.

My tomato plants are so hot that the blossoms will not set fruit.  The pepper plants are struggling.  They also have blossoms, but no peppers.  I guess I will have to go to the Farmer's Market to get some veggies as this year looks like a bust.

Early on...in the "spring," there were plenty of Honey Bees for pollination.  Now, there are none.  That too, may be why the blossoms are not setting.  I hope that everyone is stocking up on whatever they can.

Tomorrow I plan to do a little shopping after mass.  Everyone else will probably do the same as the SS checks come out at midnight.  I guess I will tend toward "box" foods or non-perishables that I can squirrel away.

This day I got my little pea shooter out and plan to load it this evening.  It wouldn't be very effective from a relative distance but up close and personal it would sting like a angry Bumble Bee.  I will also start to carry it; I do have a licence for a concealed weapon.  I really hate to do this, but the world has become  a dangerous place and I can not defend myself otherwise.  And I do live in an unsafe neighborhood.  You just do what you have to do these day.  Perhaps these ARE THE END OF DAYS.  Of course, if I were a better Christian I would turn the other cheek or just say shoot me on this side, too. 

GIVE THANKS
TO THE LORD,
FOR HE IS GOOD,
FOR HIS MERCY
ENDURES FOREVER.

Psalm 117: 1

I'm sure that there are many that would argue that God's mercy endures forever or even prevails, especially when so much pain and suffering abounds in the world...or give thanks for the present situations of our culture and economy.  But I do, and I know that I may be an exception in these times and place.  I have said it before:  I have what I need.  I have a roof to cover me, food on the table and a bed to rest in.  I do give thanks for these, and for any mercy bestowed upon me and all those that I care for.  My one regret is that I do live in a violent world and must be prepared for it.  Yet, I know this:  Christ also lived in such a world and died a most violent death.  While society has moved foreword some in the past 2,000 years, we, as a people of God, are just inching along.  A snail crawls along  faster than the human estate:  We move in God's time, not our own.  Call me a snail, but I am trying to get there from here.  How about you?

END



 

No comments: