Thursday, July 12, 2012

A summer without rain is the new normal?




Are you stocking up yet?
Or are you a grasshopper?

A whole lot of nothing.  No rain 'though it has been promised and is around in other areas.  This area and several other counties have been declared severe drought disaster areas.  Yeah, like...we didn't know that.  At least that makes the farmers eligible for "low interest loans."  Yes, there will be some price hikes in the grocery stores.  Are you prepared and ready?

I went out to the store this afternoon and started to leave without my bags.  I was distracted, but probably seemed to be senile...LOL's...maybe I am!  At least I knew who I was and where I was going, correct age and address! I think I was deep in thought as to where I was going next.

I went out and did some quick mowing around the tomato patch.  The only thing growing are the weeds.  They are hardy and determined.  First the weeds and then the sneeze

I may go out and about tomorrow if it doesn't rain.  Rain...did I say rain?   Not only am I getting senile I think I am getting delusional.  So this day went that away.  Gone.

+++

AND AS THE RAIN
AND THE SNOW
COME DOWN
FROM THE HEAVEN
AND RETURN
NO MORE THITHER,
BUT SOAK THE EARTH
AND WATER IT,
AND MAKE IT
TO SPRING,
AND GIVE SEED
TO THE SOWER
AND BREAD
TO THE EATER,
SO SHALL
MY WORD BE
WHICH SHALL
GO FORTH
FROM MY MOUTH:

Isaas 55: 10-11

You know, you can find every situation, event, or human condition written about in the Bible, either in the O.T. the N.T. or in the parables or the psalms.  Just look and you will find.

END

No comments: