Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Storms on the Horizon


The storm clouds are gathering...Are you ready? Get ready.
Yum!  I have a crock pot full of vegetable soup simmering away and it smells so good.  I guess you would call it a vegetarian soup as there isn't any meat in it, yet it is full of protein.  I am a meat eater by nature, but I know that I can lose a little wt. at a time with this good soup and not have saturated fats or cholesterol in my diet.  Yesterday when I was at the Doctor's office my B/P was 124/70 which is good for my age.  I do take B/P meds. but this the best it has been for a long while.  Losing weight is good for me!  If I can get some more wt. off I will be very happy.  I even breath better in this heat and humidity.

I went shopping this afternoon...in the heat...and I wasn't huffing and puffing as I was six months ago.  I figured it was time to get some new cloths.  I bought two new blouses and some new PJ's.  I did need them.  Some of my favorite blouses are getting really thin and see through-able.  Can't have that, can we?!

I am jumping around here, in my thoughts and in my deeds. This morning I unscrewed the bottom of the blender and got a small mason jar out.  Into the mason jar I placed a raw egg, 1 tbs. of cottage cheese, onion flakes, salt and pepper to taste(mine) and screwed the bottom of the blander(blades and cap) onto the mason jar.  Turning the jar upside down, I ran it on the blender.  Yum again!  Instant souffle and into a hot pan.  Very quick and easy way to make scrambled eggs. You can make this ahead of time and put it into the 'frige.  So easy to clean up the blades and mason jar afterwards, too.  And you can add to it whatever you like; bacon, ham, your finger...no, leave your finger out of it.

As I said last eve. I want to run to Aldi's and try to stock up on a few things.  I will also stop and pay off the rest of my insureance for the van.  I only need to give State Farm $261.00 as I paid most of it last month.  I think that in August I will be more stabel as I have had a lot of outgo for various obligations.  I spent $230.00 just for meds.  Oh, I forgot.  Obama said we would all be better off with his new health plan. didn't he...like when??

+++

GIVE EAR, LISTEN HUMBLY,
FOR THE LORD SPEAKS.
GIVE GLORY TO THE LORD,
YOUR GOD,
BEFORE IT GROWS DARK;
BEFORE YOUR FEET
STUMBLE
ON DARKENING
MOUNTAINS;
BEFORE THE LIGHT
YOU LOOK FOR
TURNS INTO DARKNESS.

Jeremiah 13: 13-16

You know, we have been seeing a lot of dark days lately with all the violence, meaness, wars and corruption that seems to know no end.  We can only listen to the word of God and gather ourselves in for what ever comes next.  I think the world will get a lot darker and the storm clouds are pileing up.  Are you ready? I think all of us will be tested and probably found wanting. 

END








No comments: