Thursday, July 26, 2012

WIND AND RAIN

I did what dumb people often do.  I worked outside in the heat.  Not for long.  I just wanted to weed a little bit around the tomatoes and pepper plants in anticipation of rain.  I wanted the plants to get the benefit of any rain; not the weeds.  No, I didn't stay out long.  When the temps are in the upper 90's my good intentions got good and gone.  The sweat just poured from me.  I hope I lost a pound or two.



We did get some rain...just not enough.  The wind was very strong and blew  the storm away before it had a chance to really do it's stuff.  Other places did get rain, but not much here along the Ohio where I hang out in my humble abode.

At least the wind brought a cooling breeze and the temperature dropped from the high 90's to 75 degrees, and that made life more pleasant and sent the mosquitoes sailing off for a while.  Tomorrow it will be a pick up sticks day.  The man across the street was already tossing stuff out into the street for the cars to run over.

+++

O LAMB OF GOD
O LAMB BEHOLD
AND MAKE ME
ONE OF JESUS' 
FOLD
AND MAY I
FROM THIS DAY
BEGIN
TO LOVE YOUR
WAYS
AND FLEE
FROM SIN

author unknown
with slight revision



 END


No comments: