Wednesday, July 25, 2012

FUNNY FANNY OF MOTHER NATURE

Triple digits, O my!  Mother Nature is intent on breaking records and showing her fanny again...Which isn't funny.  The doors are closed.  The shades are closed. The lights are off.  The A/C is working overtime.  The heat is on...the air from outside has an insidious way of sliding under doors, filtering in from behind closed shades, making all things generally miserable...Blah!

I ate the whole bowl of jello just because it was good and cold and because I could.  Now I need to make some more as it has such a nice cooling effect on the body.  I have not been eating out...or in, for that matter.  One tends to be less hungry when the mercury explodes out the top of the thermo-meter.  My brother used to call a thermometer a thermo-meter when he was small.  Call it what you will; I'll just call it hot!

The old man with the portable O2 seemed to be having some slight problems with the heat today while in church.  I do admire him for coming out in this desert-like environment to attend mass.  And I noticed that there was a major dust storm out in Arizona like onto the days of the Dust Bowl of the '30's. 

I had intended to go shopping after mass, but came home and took a nap instead.  Let everyone else run around and get all sweaty and over heated.  I would rather not.  I would rather be stinky nice than stinky awful, drenched in perspiration.  I will shop another day.

OK.  I made another bowl of Jello...and I went outside to take the trash out for early morning pick-up..now, at 10 PM it is still 89 degrees.

+++

THE BEAST
HAVE ROTTED
IN THEIR DUNG;
THE BARNS
ARE DESTROYED
THE STOREHOUSES
ARE BROKEN DOWN
BECAUSE THE
CORN IS CONFOUNDED.

Joel 1: 17

This is an interesting verse and you may wish to read a little more of it.  There is so much of the Bible that we are unfamiliar with because many passages/books do not lend themselves to preaching or "Bible Thumping." or just doesn't have the rhythm or cadence preachers, teachers and readers expect.  Read it anyway.  You will be more enlightened.  Me too.

END 






No comments: