Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tommy Toes want water

I got up early so that I could go to the store before the heat of the day, for the few groceries that I needed.  Even at 9 A.M. the temperature was in the low 90's.  I got what I needed and came right back to the A/C.  On the way I saw the mail carrier.  Poor fellow looked like slowly melting wax on a hot day.  It was the humidity.  I wonder how he made out for the rest of the day as it was only 9:30.  Our high temperature was 105 for the day, but with the humidity it was very uncomfortable.

I watered the tomatoes with one gallon of water and the heat sucked the moisture right out of the ground.  I went back later and watered the plants again.  The tomatoes plants have lots of blossoms and a couple of Tommy Toes.  The pepper plants are trying to do something; I don't know what.  I think they are trying to grow legs and walk to the river.

The birds are all desperate for water, too.  They are even sharing the bird bath with other species...not for long, but long enough to get a drink and splash a little.

The heat wave is supposed to end this eve. or overnight.  I hope so.  I can't even buy candy for the residents because it is melting into globs of chocolate..mush.    I guess I should be happy that I don't live in Europe where there is severe flooding and drownings.  I am thankful for that, but I wish we could just have a little bit of rain.  The fields are dry and the crops are not doing well for our local farmers

There isn't much going on here in "Downtown Kentucky" other than that they are racing the horses in this incredible heat, over at the park.   If that isn't animal abuse...I don't know what is.

So...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

+++

THIS IS MY COMMANDMENT:
THAT YOU SHOULD LOVE
ONE ANOTHER.

John 15: 12

END

No comments: