Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Even a little rain is welcome

Time flies and wings away:  Where did the past few days go?  Here it is Wed. already.  Well, I do know where some of the time went as I have been doing some serious cleaning and some tossing out of stuff.  I have one garbage bag full of old papers, old books, old mail and just plain old...old accumulated junk or unwanted items.  No one else would want any of it either.  However, on the bright side I did find a few things that I had forgotten about or just plain misplaced.

Tomorrow I intend to take a few things in a box to the Salvation Army or the Goodwill Store.  I can only carry so much at a time so it won't be a lot that goes per trip.  But...out it goes.  I don't want people to think I am some kind of hoarder...although I am inclined be.  I always think that I can use something later or fix an item, but never get around to it.  The other day I took a gigantic bag full of plastic bags to the S. A.  They can use the bags and I can only use so many and after that they are just more accumulation to add to the accumulation.  No accumulation needed.

It has been hot and humid all day and it finally rained a little after the temp. hit 104 this afternoon.  It wasn't a lot of rain here, but other places in the area did get some good rain.  Of course, it came right after I had hand watered my tomatoes and sweat bullets in doing so.  Gotta love Ol' Mother Nature.

No fireworks locally even if we did get a little moisture.  It is just too dry.  At least I will not find any spent fireworks in the yard and on the roof.  That always did worry me.

Otherwise, there isn't much going on.  I went to the Chinese Restaurant last eve. with some compatriots and we enjoyed someone else's cooking.  It is just to hot to cook.

Hopefully I will have enough ambition to take the van in and get the window fixed.  It rolls down well, but doesn't want to roll up.  It has been that way for several months now and I am tired of it.  Past time to get it taken care of.

+++

IF THE WORLD
HATES YOU,
KNOW THAT
IT HAS HATED
ME BEFORE
YOU.
IF YOU WERE
OF THE WORLD
THE WORLD
WOULD LOVE
WHAT IS
IT'S OWN.
BUT BECAUSE
YOU ARE NOT
OF THE WORLD,
BUT I HAVE
CHOSEN YOU
OUT OF THE WORLD,
THEREFORE
THE WORLD HATES
YOU.

John 5: 18-19

Anyone with a few random brain cells knows that the Church is under attack from our own government. All churches.  It seems as if the battle for your fidelity to your religion and faith has speeded up  and new and sneaky little edicts are being imposed in all kinds of ways that you are not even aware of...yet.  You will be.  This country was founded on freedom of speech and religion.  Do you still free to say what you wish without being censored?  Is your religion-faith being mocked in various ways?  Well, read between the lines, if you will.  The way to control a people is to control the media-free speech-and undermine religion. So, what comes next, I wonder...but not too loudly.

END 


No comments: