Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A little rain would be nice, too!



I made it out to mass in spite of the heat which hit 102.  Lots of thunder and dark clouds, but no rain to dance to locally.  More states have been added to the Fry List of severe droughts.  Like my term...Fry List?  The birds are cooking on the wing.  They have gone through two gallons of water in the birdbath and seemed pretty droopy this evening.  The weather is hard on all God's creatures.

After mass I stopped at Windy's and got a baked potato with everything on it...so good...but not good for my diet.  I have to cheat every once in a while, don't you think?

It is way to to hot to do anything outside other than what is absolutely necessary.  That may sound like an excuse to be lazy, but locally there have been several people to die from the heat and heat related illnesses.  So, I have made friends with the conditioner; we are best buddies, not to be parted anytime soon.

This is a short post because the weather has made me sluggish, like molasses in January...or something of that ilk.

+++

THE LORD
IS MY LIGHT
AND SALVATION;
WHOM SHALL
I FEAR?
THE LORD
IS THE STRENGTH
OF MY LIFE;
OF WHOM
SHALL I BE
AFRAID?

Psalm 27: 1

The truth is that we all live in fear of some kind, if not fear for our physical well being, then in fear of real or imagined stresses and hardships.  We worry about some of the most inconsequential to the really big log in our eyes.  I do, as most of us do.  We are human and anxiety is part of our emotional make up.  We have free will and can chose to rise above all that makes us shudder, shake in our bones, cause sleepless nights and untold misery for ourselves and others.  Have I perfected such courage and strength that I can ignore all my frailties and call myself Captain of my ship or my inner id?  Of course not.  I am so far from perfect that that I  have to laugh at my feeble effort here within.  You can laugh, too.  I give you my permission.


END





No comments: