Monday, July 30, 2012

"Nothing new under the sun"



Well, this has been been a long day for me.  "We" had a picnic in the park for the residents from the nursing home.  My job was to go pick up the chicken and rolls which I did.  So, you see, I didn't do to much.  As the picnic was just getting started I had to leave and go to my Dr.'s appointment to get my meds. renewed.  By the time I got back from the Dr.'s office it was pretty much over and they were loading up the bus to go home.  I had intended to get back in time to help clean up, but the timing was off. Well, I think the residents had a good time and went back to the home tired, but happy.  Tomorrow I get to rest up a little and be lazy.
A couple weeks ago I did some "deep cleaning."  I think I disturbed some spiders and I think they were Brown Recluse spiders.  I got one, but there were others that made it to some safe haven behind or beneath something.  I will have to get busy and go on a spider hunt as they are nasty little arachnids.  I am also sure they have given me a couple of bad bites in the past and also a bad bite recently.  "A huntin' we shall go." Hi Ho the spider-o, a hunting we will go.  Then I will put up a sticky fly paper and hope that the nasties get glued on, never to be free.....to bite me.

I got eggs the other day at $1.59  doz.  A friend told me that over at Aldis's they are ....$00.59 cents a doz. and that canned goods are a lot cheaper there, too.  I hope to zip over on Wed. after mass and get some canned soup.  I can lose wt. on canned veg. soup, be satisfied and healthy. I may get a case if they are cheap enough.

As Sunday and today were long days for me and I plan on being lazy tomorrow, I don't know what I will write about around this time Tuesday eve.  Actually...I never know until I sit down to write. 

+++

A LAMP FROM
THE LORD
IS THE BREATH
OF MAN.
IT SEARCHES
THROUGH ALL
HIS INMOST BEING.

Proverb 20: 27

I like to read the Proverbs.  It's like reading a "how to" manual, or a "how not to" guide.  There is pretty good stuff; wisdom and advice, to be found in the Proverbs.  Someone must have sat down at some time with his(or her) stone tablet and chiseled it all out for us.  "Written in stone"...so to speak.  And you know, almost all written words for the last few thousand years, have found a beginning in some way, somehow, in the Old Testament.  Yup, read and see.  All modern literature has a basic conflict-resolution, good vs. evil, love vs. hate, structure that was authored in the Bible long before you and I thought about the "next great novel."  And sex?  You will find plenty of that in the OT, as well.  "There is nothing new under the sun."  If you find something new that has never, ever been authored before, let me know.

END

No comments: