Wednesday, August 1, 2012

PAX


I'm kind of tired.  I seem to have been on the run for the past three days.  I had intended to be lazy today, but went to Aldi's instead.  They are cheaper than Sam's, but like all things you need to watch what you buy.  Sugar was 69 cents a bag, eggs were 59 cents a dozen.  I got two doz. and Debbie got four.  I got a lot of stuff for $21.00.  Candy was not a bargain and peanuts were not either.  I will get them at the Dollar store.  The candy is for the residents at the home-not me.  I'm sticking to my diet.

I did have to eat on the run, 'though.  I got a hamburger without the bun, a side salad and water.  Anytime I eat bread products I seem to grow..and grow..sideways.  By the way, the vegetable soup turned out really well and flavorful.

The mass today was a funeral mass.  I stayed for the mass even 'though I don't like funerals.  It was for a lady of 95 and there were not a lot of people of her family there.  I thought one more body(warm one)would be nice for her and the family.  So I stayed.

I guess I won't plan on resting and being lazy for tomorrow.  You just never know what each new day will bring.

Last night a bad storm came through just north of here.  I was hoping that we would get rain from it.  Instead, there was a lot of damage for those in the path of the storm.  The rain fell, but not here.

+++

IF A MAN DOES
NOT KEEP PACE
WITH HIS
COMPANIONS,
PERHAPS
IT IS BECAUSE
HE HEARS
A DIFFERENT
DRUMMER.
LET HIM STEP
TO THE MUSIC
HE HEARS,
HOWEVER
MEASURED
OR FAR AWAY.

by Henry David Thoreau

+++

FOR WITH GOD
NOTHING
SHALL BE
IMPOSSIBLE.

Luke 1: 37

END







No comments: