Saturday, August 4, 2012

FLY HIGH WITH THE EAGLES

I wanted to get some things done today, but was cooking on a low, slow burner.  I did get the sewing machine out and altered a blouse.  I don't like"shirt tails" so I got rid of the them and just squared the bottom up and put in a simple hem.  Now I can wear it to church.  It will still be casual, but not "campy."  I have a couple more to alter in the same fashion, but right now I don't have matching thread.  Do you know how much thread cost now?  Really... Something that I don't know to do is to set nice pockets in hand made slacks.  I can make the slacks well enough, but just don't know how to do a nice professional job of setting in pockets.  I'm gonna learn, 'though!

Basically all that I did today is to wash and dry a load of cloths and wash the dishes.  I did take the vacuum cleaner apart and wash all the washable parts of the canister and the filters.  I don't know where all the fine dust comes from, but I have to do a cleaning of the washable parts fairly often.


We did get a little more rain today and may get some more overnight.  Good.  Turn of the faucets up there in the clouds and keep it coming.  We will take it.

There isn't a lot going on to write about, esp. when I stay in as I did today.  So, I will stop here.



+++

THE LORD BLESS THE,
AND KEEP THEE:
THE LORD
MAKES HIS FACE
SHINE UPON THEE,
AND BE GRACIOUS
UNTO THEE.
THE LORD LIFT UP
HIS CONTINENCE
UPON THEE
AND GIVE THEE PEACE.

Numbers 6: 24-26

END

No comments: