Friday, August 17, 2012

Arise!


and then some!

I have risen-like Lazarus of old. I am back among the living.  I guess I am over my reaction to bad medication and am up and about.

I got to the store today and got another case of creamed corn.  That gives me about 30 or more cans of corn. That should be enough for me.  I also got a large bag of rice and a couple other things that were not of the stocking up genre'.

People are really stocking up in this area.  One man got a case of green beans and various other goods.  I also got another gallon of milk for $1.99. The women are going hyper over the sugar which is still $.99cents a bag.  The women are probably thinking of the holidays ahead when the price of baking goods go up. I think that anyone who is half-ways aware of the politics and the economy do see the handwriting on the wall.  Now if only the price of gas would go down...sigh...

I cooked a steak with onions and green peppers for supper.  I haven't had a steak for a while.  By having the steak I am reminded that I could add some canned ham to the larder.  I am a meat eater 'though I try to curb my desire for red meat.  Every once in a while I let my inner animal out to snarl and growl over a nice juicy steak.

Tomorrow should be a work day for me.  The back yard looks terrible.  It went suddenly green happy and out of control while I was in "recovery" in my bed for the last couple days.  Now it is time to catch up with some of it.  Some sweat equity is on tomorrow's menu.  Fortunately it will be a nice day and not too hot. And another day has passed.

+++

THE LORD
IS YOUR GUARDIAN;
THE LORD
IS YOUR SHADE;
HE IS BESIDE YOU
AT YOUR RIGHT
HAND.
THE SUN SHALL NOT
HARM YOU
BY DAY,
NOR THE MOON
BY NIGHT.

Psalm 120:5-6

END


No comments: