Friday, August 3, 2012

Mother Nature wet herself



RAIN:  Real rain...and lots of it.  Not the hit and miss-spit in your face and be gone rain. There must be about two inches in a container that I had sitting on the back porch.  There is a "promise " of more rain to come but is it is really to late for the crops in the fields or for gardens.  We will be happy to have whatever rain that deems to fall our way, though.

The checks are out.  SS, Disability, pensions, paychecks, the "Dole checks, and whatever else that people can find to spend.  All on a Friday.  That means that the streets and roads are congested and all the crazies will be out tonight, too.

I stopped at Hardie's after church and had a salad as I often do.  Watching out the window I could see the traffic go by, then a fire truck, followed by a Rescue and Salvage, and an ambulance.  Not for me to be out and about today.  I did need to go to the bank, but after that I took myself home and out of the danger zone of Mad Maxes, elderly drivers(me too) and those that only get out and drive once a month.

With the rain of last evening we also got some pretty good wind.  It blew my neighbor's plastic gazebo over and partly onto my fence.  It was like a boat sail in the wind!  Some of my tomatoes were slightly flopped over, but that was easily fixable and done.  I can't complain as today I didn't have to hand water them and the rain did them more good than all the water I carried out to them.


This is my daily journal, boring as it is.  It helps me to collect myself at the end of the day and to appreciate life and liberty and the right to ramble as I wish.

+++


YOU
ARE A GARDEN FOUNTAIN
A WELL OF WATER
FLOWING FRESH
FROM LEBANON
ARISE, NORTH WIND!
COME, SOUTH WIND!
BLOW
UPON MY GARDEN
THAT ITS PERFUMES
SPREAD ABROAD.

Psalm 4: 15-16

And how does your garden grow?
Do you nurture it?

This translation is from the New American Bible.

END

No comments: