Saturday, August 18, 2012

DOVES AND HAWKS AND PEOPLE

Today was a minor work day.  The backyard looks a lot better than it did yesterday.  It has been the new habitat for Morning Glories which have sprung up all over the yard.  You may think of the Morning Glory as a pretty flowering vine, and it is until it takes over the fence and yard.  It is an aggressive, invasive "weed" when that happens. That is exactly what has occurred after the dry spell sent the vines into a seed state to lie dormant for the next good rain.  Pop, pop, and up they come, everywhere.

I watched a Dove perched on the edge of the birdbath for a long time in the twilight.  I don't know if it was waiting for its' mate, sleeping or just being an odd Dove.  Also, I have not noticed any pidgins around this summer.  Strange.

I have a craving for something good again.  I don't know what I want.  I fixed another steak with fried potatoes, green peppers and onions for supper.  While it was pretty good, I still hunger for something else.  Candy-I want candy!  Which isn't on a proper diet for someone trying to lose weight.  I want it anyway!

Even 'though tomorrow is Sunday I may be compelled to to do a little indoor work or cleaning, to catch up with what I have let slide these past few days while I was on "bed vacation."  That way on Monday I can try to really tear into all that needs to be done.  Also, I hope to get some painting done soon.  I'll let you know how that comes along. I really, really need a maid or two.  Like that is gonna happen!

+++

BEHOLD,
I AM SENDING
YOU FORTH
LIKE SHEEP
AMIDST WOLVES.
BE THEREFOR
WISE AS SERPENTS
AND GUILELESS
AS DOVES.

Matt. 10: 16

I think that anymore we are among the wolves on a daily basis, esp. if we are encountering the Wolves of the World and they are knocking on our doors.  There are plenty out there.  Don't throw stones; you will probably hit one-two-or many.  We don't meet too many Doves.  They get get picked off easily all too frequently as often as they are not aggressive, but docile.  I often relate people to flocks of birds and the hierarchy of the two different species.  The Doves  are amiable and  peaceful, but can show strength and determination when necessary.  Do you know a Dove kind of person when you meet one?  Or do you see such a person as easily intimidated,  quiet, easily run over?  Would you follow the Dove or would you rather fly with the big boys, the eagles, falcons and the hawks?  I'll bet I can guess.  Sometimes the weakest are the strongest.  Look twice and look for the Dove, for the Dove is LOVE.

END

No comments: