Saturday, August 25, 2012

GOT PEACE? SEEK PEACE.



I don't know what the weather is going to do and really don't care at this point.  I went ahead and mowed the backyard "just in case."  I don't go by predictions anymore because I can predict that they will be 99% wrong

It was hot and now it has cooled down.  I like the cool nights.  I sleep better.  I don't look forward to "cold" weather, but I can deal with it.

There are a lot of outdoor tasks that I would like to get done if the days were just a little cooler.  These are jobs I have put off all summer because it was too hot.

The farmers are bringing in the corn now.  This the earliest harvest on record.  The crops are down, but I think they said it was worse in 1971.  I don't remember that far back!  We survived and will again.  It just drives the price of food up and we will survive that, too.  Families will have a hard time, 'though.

As I stayed home and minded my P's and Q's I really am void to thought, deed or news.  That's what happens when you stay in and I don't watch a lot of TV.  It is so boring or so violent.  Not good like it was in the '50's and 60's and even into the '70's.  I need a couple of good books.

The library is offering free language courses and I am thinking of singing up for one.  Lets see...what will I take, what will I take.  Oh, I know, English!  Better yet, spelling!

OK, enough drivel.  I am tired and want to go to bed "early."

+++
 
I WILL BOTH
LAY ME DOWN
IN PEACE,
AND SLEEP,
FOR YOU, LORD,
ONLY
MAKES ME
DWELL IN SAFETY.
 
Psalm 4: 8
 
Can you say-pray- that?  Do you believe that?  I do.  There is so little peace in the world these days.  We need the peace and security of a loving God.  Oh, I know.  You will say what about those that die through the violent hand of man, or of hunger or disease?  These conditions have existed since Cain bashed in Abel and will do so 'till the end of time.  Christ wants us to rise above and beyond these human failings that plague us.  Seek peace and you WILL sleep well and be refreshed.  Christ never raised a hand to his fellow man.  We should not, either.  Seek peace.
 
END
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: