Friday, August 31, 2012

SPLINTERS

I think my posts will be short for the next several days.  They are never earth-shatering anyway.  I am still stuck in the house.  I have plenty of food, but no milk for my coffee!

I am making progress in ambulating around the house.  Sometimes I forget about what I am doing and let out a few ouches and yelps.  However, it is amazing what you can do by just standing on foot.  Tomorrow I will try to get in and out of the shower.  Theses hit and miss sink baths just don't do it for me.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

The Dr. said that it would take 6 to 8 weeks for my foot to heal.  Well, I have a medical bulletin for him.  There is no way that I am going to be stuck in this house for that long, even if I have to slide out the door, down the porch and into my van...on my fanny.  So there. medical maniacs.

+++
 
LET US THEREFOR
COME BOLDLY
UNTO THE THRONE
OF GRACE,
THAT WE MAY
OBTAIN MERCY,
AND FIND GRACE
IN TIME
 OF NEED.
 
 
Hebrews 4: 16
 
We all have our times of troubles, ups and down, pain and sorrow.  I have had a few, as has probably most anyone that reads this post.  I turn to a Higher Power.  Even 'though I am hard headed, stubborn and willful, somethings must be left up to the Lord to solve in one way or another.  I just hope I don't get to many splinters in my fanny.
 
END

No comments: